Your sampling events will be a success once you read our list of items to bring along!
You’ve been booked for your first sampling events! Now what? Preparing for your first demo as a brand ambassador can feel overwhelming, but we’re here to help you every step of the way. Keep reading to see exactly what items you’ll need for most off-premise promotions , also called liquor store or grocery store samplings, and on-premise promotions, also called bar and restaurant promotions.
Essentials you will need for off-premise sampling events:
- Your photo ID!
- Recap Form and pen for manager signature
- ComData Card or method of payment to purchase product (remember to keep your receipt for reimbursement!)
- Event Kit if provided, including all giveaway items.
- Sampling Table: A card table, or adjustable height TV table can suffice as long as it’s about waist high.
- Black Tablecloth: Disposable tablecloths are fine but a cloth tablecloth will look nicer and save money over time.
- Ice Bucket. Make sure your ice bucket is unbranded. A large bowl will also work!
- Cork Screw and Bottle Opener
- Cocktail Shaker
- Camera or phone to take event photos
- A small garbage can
- Paper Towels
- Product Information and Speaking Points. Log In to your profile to view these for every job!
- Attire: You will usually provide your own all black clothing and your own shoes. You’ll often be wearing a branded top or t-shirt.
Below are reimbursable expenses you will probably need to purchase on-site:
- All event mixers
- Sampling cups
These reimbursable items should be purchased at your account to help support their business. You are welcome to purchase cups ahead of time, but be sure to submit your receipt when reporting the event that you used them for.
Essentials you will need to bring for on-premise events:
- Your recap form and a pen
- Company Credit card and receipt submission form
- Camera or Phone for photos
- Sampling Cups
- Event Kit with promotional items and giveaways
- Attire: You will usually provide your own shorts, skirt, or pants, and your own shoes. You’ll often be wearing a branded top or t-shirt. For more formal events, you’ll usually provide your own black clothing.
Extra items to bring for COVID-19 safety:
During the pandemic, you’ll need to take extra steps to keep yourself and customers safe. Be sure to bring the following items along:
- Face Mask
- Hand Sanitizer
- Disinfecting Wipes
- A copy of our Covid-19 Tasting Guidelines